Black bean salad recipe with rice and bell pepper and tomatoes, along with a tangy dressing.
* 1 can (15 ounce) black beans, drained and rinsed
* 2 cups cooked long-grain rice, chilled
* 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
* 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
* 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
* 2 to 3 green onions, finely chopped
* 3 tablespoons olive oil
* 2 tablespoons lime juice
* 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
* 1/2 teaspoon sugar
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
* fresh chopped parsley or cilantro for garnish, if desired
Combine beans with rice, green and red bell pepper, tomato, and green onion. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lime juice, mustard, sugar, cumin, and pepper. Add dressing to beans and rice and stir gently to blend ingredients. Garnish with parsley or cilantro and serve chilled.