A delicious combination of pork with oranges and cranberries. Scroll down to see more pork chop recipes.
* 6 pork chops (3/4 to 1-inch thick)
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 2 tablespoons water or chicken broth
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 cup granulated sugar
* 1/4 cup light corn syrup
* 2 tablespoons finely grated orange rind
* 2 cups navel orange sections, including juice (about 4 to 5 medium oranges)
* 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
* hot cooked rice
Trim fat from pork chops; brown chops in shortening in a large skillet. Drain, if necessary. Add water or broth and salt; cover and cook over medium heat 35 to 40 minutes or until pork chops are cooked through.
In a bowl, combine sugar, corn syrup, orange rind, orange sections, and cranberries; add to the skillet and cook 5 minutes longer. Serve with hot cooked rice.