Baked red snapper fillets with mixed bell pepper rings, sweet onion rings, and seasonings, along with wine and a toasted almond garnish.
* 3 medium sweet onions, sliced into rings
* 2 pounds Red Snapper fillets
* 4 medium bell peppers, a combination of green and red, along with other colors, if possible
* 1/2 cup Spanish olive oil
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon pepper
* 3/4 cup beef broth
* 1 cup Spanish white wine or dry white wine
* 1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
* toasted almonds*
* fresh parsley sprigs
Place sliced onions in bottom of a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish; arrange red snapper fillets over onions. Slice bell peppers into rings then arrange over red snapper fillets. Combine olive oil, salt, pepper, beef broth, white wine, and garlic; pour over fish. Bake at 350 ° for 25 to 30 minutes. Garnish with toasted almonds and fresh parsley sprigs.
Serves 4 to 6.
*To toast nuts, spread out in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast in a 350° oven, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes. Or, toast in an ungreased skillet over medium heat, stirring, until golden brown and aromatic.